Universities are covered to give free performances of live and pre-recorded musical works under this agreement. This includes but is not limited to uses like:
- Staff parties
- Open days
- Awareness events (i.e. a Harmony Day event)
- On the telephone hold system
- In administration, staff and student areas
- In teaching areas, workshops and other teaching venues.
- Concerts and events such as revues
All events must be given for free. If admission fees are charged then further licensing is required from APRA.
The licence does not cover works performed in a Dramatic Context (used in conjunction with acting, sets, acting, costumes, scenic accessories and scripted dialogue or dramatic effects). If a musical work is being performed in a Dramatic Context then further licensing is required. Visit our Music in Theatre page for more information.