SongHubs: Where Aussie writers mix it with the world's best!
What is SongHubs?
SongHubs is an APRA AMCOS initiative supported by the Federal Government.
SongHubs partners emerging and established APRA AMCOS songwriters with renowned international songwriters and producers, creating new works for local and international markets. The potential for Australian songwriters is considerable, with SongHubs planned in both domestic and key international locations and territories around the world.
SongHubs functions as an intensive, commercially focused songwriting residency, providing unique collaborative opportunities for both published and unpublished songwriters and composers, irrespective of genre.
The program's aims are:
- To establish Australia as a centre of music creating excellence;
- To provide career pathways for high calibre Australian songwriters and composers; and
- To maximise the potential of international collaborations in accessing new markets for Australian songwriters and composers.
“I put my guys in sessions week in week out, and as with any they can be hit and miss. But there's a special bond and unity that arises from a camp like Songhubs where, if you get the mix of personalities, skills and recording artists right, you end up with some great results.”
- Andrew Jackson (Milton Archer - Hook N Sling / The Aston Shuffle)
Songwriters and composers eligible for consideration will have demonstrated:
- Commercial success within the past 2 years
- Keenness to collaborate with other established and high profile international songwriters and producers
- Funded recordings scheduled for release within the 12 months preceding the SongHub
- Genre suitability for the specific SongHubs and intended international market
- Writing or producing for an international artist release (if the writer is not a performing artist)
SongHubs: The Stables, Victoria 2016
|Redfern, Sydney (August)||Kings Cross, London UK (January)||Los Angeles, USA (February)||Stockholm, Sweden (February)|
|Mumbai, India (November)||Notting Hill, London UK (April)||CMW Toronto, Canada (May)||Auckland, New Zealand (February)|
|50 Songs in 5 Days (December)||Tileyard, London UK (May)||Tileyard, London UK (May)||Sydney, Australia (April)|
|Stockholm, Sweden (May)||Bali (May/June)||Bali, Ubud (April)|
|Bali (July)||Sydney, AUS (June)||Berlin, Germany (April)|
|Nashville, USA (September)||Los Angeles Electronic, USA (August)||Capitol Studios/ASCAP Los Angeles, USA (May)|
|Adelaide, AUS (September)||Perth, AUS (October)||Nashville, USA (June)|
|Mumbia, India (November)||Black Rock Songwriting Camp,
|AMPlify Trance Melbourne, Australia (Jan-June)|
Merge Songwriting Camp,
|50 Songs in 5 Days (November)||The Stables, Victoria Australia (July)|
|50 Songs in 5 Days (December)|
“SongHubs has been a major factor in the development of Georgi's writing style. The opportunity to write with a range of songwriters has been invaluable.”
-Stephen King (Forthcoming - Georgi Kay Management)
NICOLE MILLAR - Tremble
Written at SongHubs LA Electronic, 2015 with Dan Farber (ISR/US) and Dennis Dowlut
TKAY MAIDZA - Carry on ft. Killer Mike
Written at SongHubs Adelaide, 2014 with Dann Hume
SAFIA - Over You
Written at SongHubs London, 2015 with Tom Fuller (UK)
Guy Sebastian - Candle
Written at SongHubs Victoria, 2016 with Trey Campbell (US) and Jon Hume
“The biggest part for us was getting her in the room with other writers, producers and artists from all over the world and getting her name and work out there through different avenues.”
-Stephen McGuire (Young & Vicious - Nat Dunn Management)