AMCOS ARIA Domestic Use Video Licence

Please note that due to the Covid-19 virus, that renewal of the annual AMCOS ARIA Domestic Use Video licence is on hold until 30th of September, 2020.

Existing licenses are extended to this date. Single event licence applications are still available here.

The Domestic Use Video licence is a low-cost solution for incorporating music into films of weddings and similar events where those films have been made by you solely for the purpose of domestic viewing. The licence covers you for individual events or as a business providing clients with videos throughout the year, and is offered in conjunction with the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). It provides a one-stop licence for your music use on these type of video recordings.

Normally, obtaining copyright clearances to put recorded music onto a film or video would involve contacting the copyright holder for each song you want to use. The Domestic Use Video licence gives you a simple and cheap way of ensuring that you are fully compliant and music creators are paid fairly for their work.

The licence covers the making of video recordings for the purpose of supply to those who appear in them and for their private domestic use only e.g. wedding videos for the bride and groom etc. The licences permit music that is played at the event to be captured in the production and also for the synchronisation and dubbing from commercial recordings in post-production. Specific terms and restrictions are set out in the licences.

The licence now covers files digitally delivered to clients and online use that is password protected for the purpose of communicating to clients and event guests e.g. by emailing the digital file or providing a password protected link through your website. Online use in showreels, social media and videos available for general viewing are not covered by this licence.

What isn’t covered by these licences

  • Corporate/training videos
  • Commercially marketed audiovisual productions
  • Audiovisual productions available for public purchase and or public screenings
  • Audiovisual productions made for broadcast or internet transmission without any password protection (including upload to sharing sites like YouTube or Facebook)
  • Productions containing promotional or advertising material.

If you are a business owner or videographer hired to film a wedding or similar events you can apply for a single event licence or an annual licence to cover your domestic use of music in productions.

Having trouble completing your application online?

Download a PDF version:

Need more information? 

We’re here to help you, please contact us on 1300 852 388 or

Need Help?

Read our FAQs

Call us on
Music Customer - 1300 852 388
Music Creators - 1800 642 634
General Enquiries - 02 9935 7900

Find your nearest office

Email us at
Music Creators -
Music Customer -
General Enquiries -

Site Menu

Search the Website