If you are a contributor or operator of a user generated content (UGC) or social media website you may need a licence. 

The licence covers streaming or downloading music from a website. It doesn't cover synchronisation or master rights (the initial reproduction of the music/sound recording when making the video or music clip).

Synchronisation clearance is required for all videos containing music when uploaded to USG sites like YouTube, Vimeo or Facebook. 

YouTube FAQs

How to license your video or audio file:

1. Complete the copyright ownership request form.
2. Contact the copyright owner (publisher/record label) to request a licence.
3. Finalise your synchronisation licence before making your video
4. Contact APRA AMCOS for an online licence

Need more information?

Contact us on (02) 9935 7900 or online@apra.com.au.

Site Menu

Search the Website